Wednesday, March 14, 2012

JAH CURE DISAPPOINTS FANS IN ST VINCENT


Jah Cure was the expected to headline the "Irresistible Temptations" in Saint Vincent, the artist was unable to perform due to unfulfilled contractual obligations.


Thousands of Jah Cure fans in St. Vincent left Victoria Park disappointed and angry when Jamaican reggae artist failed to touch the stage at a concert there early Sunday morning. Reports are that bottles were thrown and shots fired.

The World Cry singer (real name Siccature Alcock) was to headline a show dubbed “Irresistible Temptations” also featuring Trinidad artist Orlando Octave.

 Jah Cure tweeted:

“Promoter failed to meet his contractual obligations so I could not perform. Sorry St. Vincent, I shall return ? I’m super disappointed.”
"I was not even paid a deposit. I tried my best to make the show work...I did. Promoter messed it up."

The show would have been his first performance in SVG since 2008. He even went on Hot 97, a popular station in St. Vincent to promote the show earlier in the day, but according to the artist he was not even paid his deposit.

 He also tweeted:

“St. Vincent I’m sorry for every thing that happened tonight due to the lack of organization on the part of the promoters who have been giving nothing but excuses! I look forward to returning to deliver great music in a show by a legitimate promoter some time soon. Jah live!”

Prior to his arrival in the island, the singer had excitedly been tweeting about the St Vincent show, telling fans how much he was looking forward to performing in St Vincent.

The show was organized by Matrix Music Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment