Monday, April 2, 2012

DAMIAN AND I-OCTANE BAT FOR THE LADIES

Reggae stars DamianJunior Gong’ Marley and Byron "I-Octane’ Muir are dominating the charts with their soulful music.


Kingston Jamaica - The late great Bob Marley showed that when it came on to powerful love lyrics Rasta has sure got soul. Fast forward to today’s upcoming stars who have taken their Nazarene vow and love verses are still flowing.

Damian ‘Junior Gong’ Marley and Byron I-Octane’ Muir are pouring out their souls through their music.

Affairs of the Heart from Junior Gong and L.O.V.E. Y.O.U. from I-Octane are currently holding dominant positions on the airwaves, the video and singles charts and is a favourite in the dances. They may be on the opposite side of the telecommunication fence, when it comes on to sponsorship, but the two are certainly not divided regarding the impact their music are having on fans.

In an interview with 1xtra’s Tim Westwood young Marley gave his seal of approval to I-Octane at the interviewer’s question on who are some of the bright upcoming stars in his opinion. “Yuh have a new youth I-Octane whey a gwaan wid some tings really,” he said. And his respect is reciprocated by the Clarendon born singjay “He is truly his father’s son, I really rate his music,’ I-Octane commented.


Rasta’s also got heart as expressed in I-Octane’s latest musical offering My Story. The song zones in on the hardships of struggling folks trying to make a living whichever honest way they can. In it the singjay shows great empathy for the windshield wiper, street peddlers a side that will see his music gaining new fans.

The video, which is expected to be shot next Tuesday, April 3, should effectively capture the sentiments being expressed in the song under the expert direction of Scorpio 21. Saturday April 7, will also see I-Octane shooting yet another video – Jiggle Fi Mi another song set to create a buzz on the music scene.

I-Octane will be live in Concert, Saturday May 12th at the Club Soda, for Little Thunder Sound 20th Anniversary for more info 514-344-5353



No comments:

Post a Comment