Fifteen producers will be selected on a competitive basis to attend.
About the Program:
The Incubator Program was created to help producers raise financing, connect
with appropriate buyers, and make their products market-ready. Participants are provided with invaluable networking opportunities with industry colleagues from acorss the Caribbean region, Canada and around the world.The Program mentors filmmakers and enables the space to pitch projects to industry professionals and navigate the Toronto International Film Festival.The Incubator is a 5-day program that includes the following:
- Attendance at 3-day CTWD Market Incubator,
- Attendance at Networking Event/Launch Party
- Attendance at CTWD Pitching event, including one-on-one meetings with buyers attending TIFF
- Informal networking opportunities for filmmakers
- Mentoring Opportunities, led by international consultants
- TIFF Industry pass that including participation in selected TIFF events
ELLIGIBILITY : The Incubator is open to producers and filmmakers of Caribbean-
themed content, and producers of content that is of relevance to Caribbean and Diaspora audiences, who wish to acquire the tools and techniques necessary to present and promote their projects in the framework of an international market.
The aim is to:
- raise the overall quality of Caribbean-themed film projects, in order to facilitate distribution in regional and international markets
- build a Caribbean film brand, that promotes film alongside other creative industries (like music) as a distinctive and commercially viable product.
- empower regional filmmakers to grow the indigenous industry, thus fulfilling the need of regional societies to explore new ways of expressing cultural identity and create employment in this Sector.
TO APPLY: To Participate in the 2012 CTWD Toronto Incubator please submit
your film project proposal to Malinda Francis, Incubator Co-ordinatoe at CaribbeanTales@gmail.com.
This can be a project in development or completed. Your package should include the following:
Name of project; writer/director/producer/production company; length of film, format, country of production, logline, synopsis, filmmaker Bio, Target audience, financing plan; and, (if available) trailer.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS July 15th 2012.
COSTS: Participants are responsible for their own travel costs and accomodation costs, and for the Registration fee.
Hotel Rates at the Intercontinental in Downtown Toronto : $50 Shared room; $100 Single Room.
- Early-Bird Registration (by August 1) : $400 USD
- Registration fee: $500 USD by August 20th
- Late Registration fee: $700 USD by September 1
SCHOLARSHIPS : A number of full and partial scholarships are available.If you are interested in applying for a scholarship please let us know.For more information Caribbeantales