Wednesday, August 1, 2012

SNOOP DOGG RENAMES HIMSELF "SNOOP LION"


Rapper Snoop Dogg has found a new calling Reggae Music.The Hip Hop Veteran has changed his name to "Snoop Lion" ".


Snoop Dogg has been around just as long as anyone can remember, but he isn't around anymore. As of July 31, 2012, he will no longer be known as Snoop Dogg and has been renamed Snoop Lion. He also states that after a recent trip to Jamaica, he has embraced reggae and is actually Bob Marley reincarnated.

During a press conference in New York on Monday, July 30, 2012, Snoop spoke on being "born again" during his February trip to Jamaica, and he now wants to make music that everyone can listen to including "kids and grandparents."

 Perhaps the biggest thing though, is the change of his name.
"I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.' From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there," he explained at the press conference."

Snoop was born Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr., but has always been known as Snoop Dogg while in the music industry. Changing his name to Snoop Lion came with the epiphany and the whole idea and dream of changing his style of music. He says he is simply tired of rap.
"I have always said I was Bob Marley reincarnated," Lion said. "I feel I have always been a Rastafari. I just didn't have my third eye open, but it's wide open right now."

His first single will be titled "La La La," and Snoop Lion knows that he has come a long way in the music industry and that the reggae sound will be brand new for him. He's simply hoping that not only will new listeners like it, but that his current listeners appreciate it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment